mod_proxy_html 3.1-dev

I’ve just started hacking a new mod_proxy_html update.

The rationale is that all the internationalisation support in 3.0 should be shared by other filter modules, without having to replicate lots of code.  That’s why I wrote mod_xml2enc, which does a better job of it.

That left me with the job of converting mod_proxy_html to use mod_xml2enc as an inevitable corollary.  That’s what I’ve just started on.  The outcome, when it’s ready, will be a mod_proxy_html 3.1 that’s delegated its i18n support, and is thus quite a bit smaller and simpler than 3.0.

Sometime soon I’ll be packaging these and other modules for Sun’s webstack.

Posted on June 18, 2008, in apache. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.

  1. link doesn’t work…😦

  2. Thanks for the heads-up. Seems the server got rebooted and a system-installed server started up in place of the (customised) one that should be running. That’s the hazards of outsourcing the hardware: https://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/slicehost/

  1. Pingback: Downtime! « niq’s soapbox

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 143 other followers

%d bloggers like this: