mod_proxy_html 2.x has been more-or-less stable for about two and a half years. But as its popularity grows, a few frequently-requested enhancements have become apparent.
I started hacking a while back, but that work has just been sitting on my desktop box. I’ve just checked in a bit of work-in-progress to SVN, together with a TODO.
- Enable an admin to support proprietary HTML attributes (e.g. background to TABLE or TD). That means taking out the knowledge of HTML from mod_proxy_html and specifying it in the config instead.
- Improve I18N support. Enable an admin
- To support an unsupported charset by aliasing it to a supported one on input.
- To generate output in different charsets, or to preserve the input charset.
- Use a brigade rather than copying stuff when buffering is required.
- Support stripping out bogus markup, using mod_publisher’s DTD support.
Other changes? Please submit your patches, or add your comments below!
Note: none of the above should be taken to imply a new release is imminent🙂