Interesting new Apache features
A couple of hacks I’ve made to Apache in the week or two before starting this blog merit a mention here.
The first fixes an apparently-common problem encountered by people using DAV with https hardware. The solution: add regular-expression rewriting capability to mod_headers. The DAV problem is now fixed by simply rewriting
http:// in the Destination: header. More complex mod_rewrite-like header manipulation is also possible, and might be useful in, for example, mass-virtual-hosting configurations.
The second interesting change is one that’s been on the to-do list for a long time. I’ve just added SQL database-based lookups to mod_rewrite‘s rewritemap feature, using Apache DBD.